Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Fingerprints...The Sequel

Well, I guess it was bound to happen. We've had a couple of small hurdles in the road to getting our home study draft.

1. Tom's birth certificate was missing the Letter of Exemplification. We took care of that this week. In fact, the NYC Dept. of Health is so organized, we now have 6 certified copies of Tom's birth certificate and 4 Letters of Exemplification. I sent one of each to Great Wall.

2. My fingerprints were rejected by the NYS Office of Children & Family Services. Why, you ask, when we haven't gotten Tom's or my mom's back (yet)? Maybe because the nice policeman who printed me spent more time looking at my chest and flirting than printing me? Could be, but at least he didn't charge us. ;o)

I had to go back this morning (after they took all the prisoners to arraignment) and get printed again. That's in the mail to Albany.

We're still shooting for February or March for the dossier to go to China. I would LOVE to see the draft of the home study, but they need all the clearances in order to give it to us.

We did hear that 2 of the 3 people that were sent the letters of reference received them. They're also needed in order to have the info blended into the home study.

2 comments:

Curly Glamour Girlie said...

I think your fingerprints were rejected because of some shady dealings in your past ;)

The letter is on my list for this weekend. It even takes precedent over my birth plan!!

Don't sweat hearing the 4-5 year wait - don't sweat it until you have something to sweat I always say.

Diane said...

Want to know the kicker (pardon the pun)? I got a call from Great Wall the day after I got fingerprinted, saying that they talked with the social worker and she had already received my fingerprint clearances! So, I did it again for nothing.

Thanks for doing the letter.

Can't wait for Saturday.