Saturday, July 16, 2011

Jacob

Four years ago this week - could have been any day - a little boy was born. He was not perfect. Whether his parents cast him aside because of this, or because they could not afford the surgery to correct his imperfection, we will never know. All we know is that on July 23, 2007, this baby, now our son, was abandoned in the doorway of a building in Harbin City, China. He had surgery and was placed on the list to be adopted. He was given today, July 16th, as his birthday, and it is just as good a day as any other.

This is basically all we know of the story of Jacob from before we adopted him. I still wish I knew his exact birthday, but we will celebrate well today.

Happy birthday, my son. I love you more than life itself and I am so glad we found each other. My heart no longer yearns for you, since you are here.

No comments: