Wednesday, June 2, 2010

My thoughts so far...

It's June 2nd (I think). It's 1:46 in the afternoon. Xinxin is still sleeping and I'm so happy that he's finally napping.

It has been a roller coaster ride so far - so happy to have him, so tired from not sleeping (he hasn't wanted daddy at all - all mommy, all the time). This morning, Tom was able to distract him long enough for me to take a shower unwatched. He goes to the bathroom with me, runs after me wherever I go.

He is starting to misbehave which is good, because he's getting comfortable and adjusting to us. I feel bad when I have to discipline him because he looks so upset, but it has to be done. He must have had his caretakers at the orphanage wrapped around his finger because whenever he does something wrong, he goes into "cute boy" mode, tilting his head and smiling at me. They told me on gotcha day that he gets a lot of attention because he is so cute and I can see he knows how to work the system.

He is also a tremendous flirt. Every morning he flirts with the waitresses in the restaurant and every woman he sees in the lobby and wherever we go. He is absolutely adorable and has quite a personality on him.

The process so far has been okay, a little long in spots but okay. Yesterday (the Chinese legal ceremony) took forever. The kids had to see their caretakers again, which didn't go over too well for the other family. Poor Huahua was inconsolable after seeing her caretaker again. Xinxin was a little better.

It's been pretty hard on Tom; even though we expected him to bond to one over the other, it's hard for him. He's a little frustrated, but I told him soon enough he won't be able to shake him and he'll wish he was back hanging on me.

Off to do a few things before my little man wakes up.

More later...

1 comment:

. said...

Hello family, congratulations Jacob is a beautiful child. I found your blog through the website adopters of Heilongjiang. In July 2009 we went to Harbin to our second daughter Marta Tianyi. She also was in the same orphanage that your son Jacob. What memories when I saw your photos! Do not worry about the language our daughter in just two months spoke Spanish. Enjoy the journey. Kiss Carmen
http://andreayurizaldos.blogspot.com/