Thursday, January 24, 2008

The Wait - Revisited

I've been avoiding the Adoption.com forum for a while now, as the rumors about the wait are beginning to get to me.

As I said in an earlier post, there are rumors that the wait could go as high as 5 years (which is just crazy!). There are rumors that the CCAA will close down during the Olympics, increasing the wait time.

Even though every step we take is a step closer to the wait for the referral, I feel like they are stepping back on the other end, and taking our baby with them. I know everything happens for a reason and I should just keep that in mind, but 5 years?!? 21-24 months is bad enough.

What has helped has been visiting Tiff's blog and the China adoption blogs I have links to here. It helps to see people who are home with their babies. They are beautiful and happy and had to wait a long time, too. Thanks to all of you.

1 comment:

Curly Glamour Girlie said...

I know exactly what you mean. I had to stop going to babycenter.com because of the crazy things I'd read there. Just take it a day at a time and know that each day brings you closer to your little one!